Las Pinas City is located in the southern part of Metro Manila. It is the gateway to
Cavite province. The city is bounded on the north by Paranaque City,
on the southeast by Muntinlupa, on the west by the town of Bacoor in
the province of Cavite, and on the northwest by Manila Bay. It has a total land area of 32.7 square kilometers and is composed of 20 barangays.
Major Thoroughfares include the Alabang Zapote-Road which bisect the city from east to west, Manila-Cavite
Coastal Road, Quirino Highway, J. Aguilar Avenue, and the new Daang Hari which directly connects the eastern part of the city
to Cavite Province.
Las Pinas is the 4th most populous city in the National Capital Region and the 8th in the country.
Main Shopping centers include SM Southmall, RFC Shopping, Manuela 2 complex, and Las Pinas Commercial Complex.
The city is home to two of the country's famous manufacturers of public utility jeepney: Sarao Motors and Francisco Motors.
Other products manufactured in the city are construction materials, rubber products, and processed foods.
Las Pinas is primarily a city of residential subdivisions. As the city becomes fully built-up, there is no way to expand
bu upward. Thus, a lot of opportunities have opened for building medium to high rise condominiums.
Places of Interest / Tourist Attractions in Las Pinas City
- St. Joseph Church - home of the world's famous Bamboo Organ, built in 1818
- Las Pinas Nature Church
Back to top