The line of job seekers is getting longer and longer by the day while the list of vacancies is becoming
shorter. Even as the government trumpets having created 6 million jobs, yes you read it right, 6 million, these are mostly
in construction or in buy and sell activities. If you have participated in a job fair, either in Metro Manila or in the provinces,
you would have easily noticed hundreds and thousands of people seeking employment. Indeed, it's more difficult to find a job,
not to mention the RIGHT job.
In the light of this depressing situation, Geotayo would like to help YOU, the job seeker, find a
job, get an interview, and hopefully, to be offered a position. You really need to stand out from the other applicants. You must
have a unique selling point, to borrow a marketing term.
To start with, you must have a good preparation. Remember that everything you do in securing the kind of job you want
must inter-related, meaning, every action must be given an importance and they all must be directed towards getting that job. The following
is a list of things you must consider when applying for a job:
- What kind of job do you want? What are the factors you consider most important in selecting the job you want?
- What are your short and long term goals?
- What are your skills and abilities? Are they suited to the kind of job you are looking for?
- Do you have any work experience? If yes, are your past experiences related to the one you are applying for?
- Do you know what the company needs, the kind of employee they are looking for?
- How much do you know about the company especially the working environment in that company?
The list may not be exhaustive but they represent the most important considerations for the success of your
job hunting activities. Pay close attention to your answers to the questions. They would surely impact on what and how you are going
to write that application letter, prepare the Curriculum Vitae, and above all, how you will perform in the interview.
Next, we will give you tips on preparing the application letter and bio-data or CV.
Beware of illegal recruiters!
To find any job vacancy, visit the province or city and click on jobs.
|Visit the Provinces|
|Visit the Cities|